Do you know how long does it take to get abs?
The struggle of getting abs is real.
The process to work for it and then maintain it is a tedious process.
But have you wondered how long does it take to get abs?
The issue isn’t just about getting abs, you need to maintain it as well.
The process isn’t easy and it requires extensive research to understand the topic better.
Hence to save you all the time and effort, we have curated this quick blog that will help you learn how long does it take to get abs, what should your diet and exercise consist and more.
How Long Does It Take To Get Abs?
It will take a minimum of 3 months to a maximum of 2 years to get abs.
In order for you to get abs, losing at least half of your body weight is required. For a safe and achievable process, losing 1% of body fat is great to start with.
If you’re a woman with an average body fat, the time taken to get abs could be anywhere between 20-26 months.
Thus if you’re a man with average body fat, the time taken to get abs is relatively between 15-21 months.
So how can you achieve the ultimate ab body of your dreams?
Following the list below can make the process easy for you:
- Hydrate yourself often
- Consume less sugar and eliminate those products that have added sugar such as flavoured yogurts and more
- Consume more complex carbs such as sweet potatoes
- Have more fiber-rich foods such as beans, legumes, and more
- Reduce your consumption of calories
- Include protein-rich foods in your diets such as chicken, yogurt, and more
- Conduct resistance training exercises
- Perform cardio and strength training exercises
- Perform high-intensity intermittent exercises at varied paces such as cycling for 8 seconds at all paces and then doing a 12-second low-intensity cycling
If you aim to achieve abs, set your mindset strong.
Understand that this is a long process and only your dedicated commitment will lead you to achieve it.
Ensure that you eat well and exercise regularly to achieve the same.